Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Question Friday!!! and Day 11 of Thanksgiving

So today is 11/11/11...it's also Veteran's Day. And therefore, it is a MUST that I say I am thankful for all the men and women who have served, are currently serving, and will serve to protect our country. Being part of a major war, or not, I am thankful for your selfless act of serving our country and protecting our freedoms. I will never be able to comprehend this act, but I am thankful for it. I would also like to name a few of the veterans in my family: my Uncle Skeeter, Grandpa Lashley, and Poppy are a few that I'll name here. I also have some friends that I know who are currently serving: Sarah Bailey's husband Mike and my cousin Olivia's husband to name a couple...

Additionally, I have to say that I am thankful for my husband. Not only have we officially been married for two whole months, but one year ago today was our first date. Some felt we rushed into marriage, but after his car accident in December, I knew I loved him and never wanted to lose him...let alone wait to get married :-) So today I am thankful for this handsome man:
Photo Courtesy of AdrienneFeldmann Photography
And NOW...it's time for FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY

1. What's the last thing you spent too much money on?
       I would have to say our Honda Civic Ex. I love it, but it definitely was costly (as any car is). It is definitely saving us money in the long run, however....at least compared to the JEEP Wrangler that was a gas guzzler! 
2. What celeb chef would you want to make you dinner?
     Honestly, anyone who makes me dinner is great! Being on a gluten free diet, I would go with someone who excels in that area...anyone know anyone?

3. Where do you hide things when visitors pop over or do you let them see the real deal?
    With the amount of stuff we have in our condo right now, you'd see the real deal! There's no place to hide things! Anything that I really don't want people to see is stuffed in the bedroom, however. We keep that door closed since I can't sleep with my cats anymore....

4. Who is your oldest living family member?
     I really don't know if you look at extended family...I would probably guess my Great Aunt Mildge and Great Uncle Carlos. I don't know for sure though that it's not my Great Uncle Lee....I'd have to call Gring and ask...or since I hear she reads these, she can comment and let you know :-)

5. What is your favorite DQ treat and/or Sonic drink combo (ie: cherry vanilla Dr. Pepper)?
     From DQ I like the soft serve in a cup with chocolate syrup...and from Sonic I LOVE Green Apple or Cherry Slushies. They definitely give me brain freeze, but it's so worth it!! 

And that's all folks! I'm off to get some dinner and some stuff done while my husband is at work. Hoping to celebrate with a movie when he comes home :-)

1 comment:

  1. When my Chris had his car accident and I freaked out, my roommate looked at me and said, "OH MY GOODNESS! You LOVE him!!!" We weren't even dating. 18 months later, we were married. The rest is history. ;)

    ReplyDelete