Saturday, December 3, 2011

December...

It's really hard to believe it's already December! We're still trying to unpack all of Chris's stuff from where he moved in almost 3 months ago! 3 months? I can't believe we've been married that long! I'm not sure I'll actually be able to have Christmas stuff up until I make some room for all of it! Hope I can though!

I will say this is my favorite time of year (as it is most people's). I love the coziness of winter...fires, hot chocolate, scarves, gloves, blankets, gift buying, Christmas lights on in the evening, Christmas music and most of all getting ready to celebrate the birth of my Savior with family and friends. It's going to be our first Christmas together as a married couple and I'm super excited that we're having a candle light service at church! There's something so special about standing in a dark church, holding a candle, and singing Silent Night. This song always makes me cry because it makes my dad cry...it was Grandma Lashley's favorite Christmas song. But despite the tears, it's my favorite. It reminds me of the peace that God provides for us in the midst of the craziness...and Christmas can be one of the craziest times...

Well, my puppy is snoozing beside me on the couch, my husband is on his way home from work, and I still have a couple of things to finalize for tomorrow's lessons...so off we go to study the Lord's word  and then watch some Christmas movies tonight :-)

I do wish I could go to the Opryland hotel and see the decorations...I'm missing Nashville and my friends from there (those who are there and those that have moved away)....

Opryland Hotel Christmas 2005
 


1 comment:

  1. We miss you too! I remember when we went to Opryland back in college. I wonder if this picture is from that trip?

    ReplyDelete