Sunday, November 4, 2007

Colossians

Colossians is another of Paul's letters. This letter closely replicates part of Philippians. The first chapter begins with thanksgiving and prayer and in verse 10 Paul sums up the letter's purpose. "...that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way:..." I believe that this is the main purpose of the letter because then it goes through the idea of Christ being the head of the body and rules for holy living as well as rules in a Christian household.

My favorite verse of Colossians is Chapter 3, verse 17: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." This verse is something that I really have to work at doing. Roommate situation is difficult at the present moment and I try to present myself as Christian like as possible to set a good example, but we fail. So I try to just focus on doing my activities as doing them for God and focusing on Him throughout my day and praying He guides my responses and actions...

No comments:

Post a Comment